Television Centre, White City
The redevelopment of the former BBC Television Centre into one of London’s largest mixed-use schemes has seen CPI EuroMix provide over 600 tonnes of natural and straw brown mortar.
White City is most famously known as the home of the BBC. Built on the site of the 1908 Franco-British Exhibition, the Television Centre was officially opened by the Queen in 1961 and was the headquarters of the BBC until its closure in 2013, when it was relocated to Salford. The area is now undergoing a renaissance as developers transform White City into a new and exciting destination and the former Television Centre is at the heart of this.
The scheme to redevelop the former home of the BBC includes provision for up to 950 new homes, 500,000 sq ft of Grade A office space, TV studios, a hotel and a Soho House private members’ club. The transformation includes a village centred around the famous ‘doughnut’ including gardens, a cinema, cafés, restaurants and various other amenities.
CPI EuroMix provided the mortar specialist sub-contractor Lyons and Anoot, working for main contractor Lendlease.